Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Walkerton GCC - Hot but fun

Tonight, me, Brad and Phil went to the Walkerton Golf and Country Club and did 9 holes for the Bull Tour. I wanted to do more but it was hot and humid. We even took a cart. With the Bull Tour it cost us $18 including the cart, but the Monday-Thursday deal (before 3pm) is $20 (including tax) for 9 holes with cart, so I think when I'm off I'm gonna grab Dale or Blaine some morning and go and play. I thought I had never played this course before but I did play it with Dale last year. I had a pretty good round....got a par on a par 3 with a 15 foot putt or so. I only hit about 5 bad shots...I had some pretty good drives, mostly under control. I had easily my best round with my irons. I didn't use my hybrids much (it was a pretty short course) but I did fairly well. Worst was chipping...inconsistent. There was a water hole and I successfully shot over the water. All in all it went pretty good. Phil is a lefty (I had never played with him before) and a big hitter. It's neat playing with all these different people and all their styles. Walkerton was one of my favourite course I've played on this year...I'm definitely going back again (and it's cheap!) Looking forward to tomorrow with Dad. Brad said he called for a tee time and "all he could get was 4:30"...we're teeing off at 4:58 so it sounds like it will be a zoo. We'll see

Total Holes : 74
Total Yardage : 23198
Total Pars : 2
Total Birdies : 0

No comments:

Post a Comment