Saturday, June 13, 2009

Northern Dunes It Is!

Today, me and Keith went to Northern Dunes in Hepworth. It was a lot of fun. Keith had a hamstring issue so we took a cart and went and tried to do 18 holes (for $60/piece...yikes...a far cry from the $10 golf "tours" i'm used to playing). We played for almost 5 hours...it was slow on the front 9 and faster on the back, but Keith only brought 3 balls so on hole 16 we had to quit because we ran out of balls (!) Of course, we were both zonked...i need to find more balls...off to Walmart I go tomorrow. I was consistently a little better...fewer "worse" shots. I still need to work on my irons and particularly shots from 50 feet and in...so when I get lessons I will ask about that. I drove fairly well but I did duff a couple. We both lost quite a few balls (see above). My shot of the day was on 8 I believe. I hit a 6-iron out of the sand trap at least 150 yars and within 10 feet of the hole. It was a great shot. We had a lot of laughs...I started getting low around hole 10 so I grabbed a sandwich and I was fine. Keith picked up some guy's ball when we were coming down the back 9 and denied it up and down. It was good for a laugh. We decided when we go again it will be to the small golf course on the other side of Sauble Golf and Country Club...I figure it will be cheaper. Note to anyone who goes to Northern Dunes...wait until 1 to start...it cost us more because we started at noon. I relaxed tonight in my parent's hot tub to ease my shoulders and legs. Can't wait until I get out on the course again.


Total Holes : 65
Total Yardage : 20139
Pars : 1
Birdies : 0

No comments:

Post a Comment