Thursday, June 25, 2009

Golfing with dad at the Mix 106 Tour

Went out with Dad tonight to Scenic City. It was a blast. The weather looked like it was gonna be crappy so it wasn't that busy. We got rained on on the 4th hole after I hit a rocket that went like 230 yards (which is good for me) but it was beautiful after that. That was my drive of the night - Pam, Bruno and Steve were playing in front of us and I didn't figure I could hit that far but it didn't come far from Bruno. Me and Dad had a good time. He hurt his elbow a couple of years ago so it doesn't bend all the way so all his curved left, while all mine curved right. He kept one ball the whole round...he thought he lost one on the last hole, but he overshot the 9th (we played the front 9) and went into the carts and we found it after the round. I started off strong with the irons (hit some trees) but ran out of gas near the end. My chipping and putting were terrible. Me and Dad were about the same...i hit the long ones further than him, but he chipped a lot better and had less bad shots. I didn't play as well as I did yesterday, but I can still see some improvement. I even hit a couple good ones with the Hybrid. I'm looking forward to my lesson next Monday (weather permitting). I'm on holidays for the next couple of days so I'll see if I can get Jane or Jane's dad out. I almost had a par...hit it right at the green on 6 but chipped like an idiot...ah well. Nothing to get upset about. One of the guys who were playing behind us got real excited and took a swing at his golf cart like he was trying to chop down a tree. Me and Dad just laughed. We're gonna try and do it again in July or August. I have golfed there so much this year I never noticed that really every hole was 300 yards except the first one and the par 3's. I still enjoyed myself :)

Total Holes : 83
Total Yardage : 26018
Pars : 2
Birdies : 0

No comments:

Post a Comment