Thursday, July 23, 2009

"You guys are pros"

Me and Dad went to Scenic City and did 14 holes on a dreary, rainy evening but we had a good time. It took us 2½ hours which is pretty good i think. I easily had the best round of my life (thanks Andy if you're reading). My irons were superb...i used Dad's 3 iron instead of my hybrid and it went pretty good. My chipping was pretty good, not perfect but significantly better. My drives were much straighter...i didn't even lose a ball which is some kind of record for me. My putting was not great, but all in all it was a good round. I don't think I had anything worse than a double bogie. No pars, but most holes I had a long putt for par (which I missed) but I definitely struck the ball very well. Dad played a lot better too...we raced through. We did the back 9 first then did 1 and 2 and cut across to 7 instead of playing #3. We butted in front of these guys who were out for the first time ever and we both hit decent tee shots (Dad almost killed the group in front of us) and it caused the drunkest guy behind us to exclaim "you guys are pros"...it must have been their first day (ha!). I was on the whole extremely pleased...i doubt i even hit 4 bad shots out of 14 holes (not counting putts). We're heading down to Ottawa for a couple of days and hopefully will get a chance to do some golfing with Kevin and Dave. We'll see.

Total Holes : 129
Total Yardage : 42648
Pars : 3
Birdies : 0

No comments:

Post a Comment