Thursday, July 30, 2009

Ottawa trip

This past week my wife and I made our yearly trip down to Ottawa, to visit friends, family etc. We went to Golf Town with my aunt and I tried out some Callaway drivers. I didn't hit worth a crap (I was wearing sandals) but it was still a lot of fun. If I ever win the million I'll totally get a golf simulator...the guy said it cost like $50 grand.

Me, my buddy Kevin and my uncle were supposed to play on Monday. My uncle ended up rolling his ankle at the Bluesfest, which may or may not have been alcohol related but he was out. Me and Kevin were going to play at a course called Falcon Ridge but it was so wet that they had closed the 18 hole and it was Ladies night when we tried to go, so we ended up playing at Capital Golf which was about 5 minutes away from my buddy's house. It was a par 3 but a lot of fun. I still can't figure out which iron to hit to get it 108 yards :) I hit about 3 greens off the "tee" (i didn't use a tee just hit off the grass) but was mostly short with the irons. I did everything okay but nothing spectacular. My buddy played excellent on the first 4 holes but he is a terrible putter. And he gets mad at himself. And on the last hole (the "big one" of 165 yards) he tried a couple with his driver and everything was 45 degrees to the right. He says he loses at least one ball a hole. We did 12 holes and once again I didn't lose any...of course it was a little par 3 but a streak is a streak. It was a wet mess...in Ottawa they got like 23 days of rain in the month of July so I got a couple of soakers. It was fun though and I would play again.




Total Holes : 141
Total Yardage : 43957
Pars : 4
Birdies : 0

No comments:

Post a Comment