Monday, July 13, 2009

Chipping

Today was my last lesson and we worked on chipping, pitching and a little bit of putting. The important thing that I learned was to swing like a pendulum...as much follow through on the chips as back swing. Also angle my feet about 45 degrees, keep the ball by my back foot, have the club pointing back so I hit the ground before the ball. Also I am supposed to "bounce" the club out of the sand and on the pitch shots so I get better lift. I almost killed a couple of kids with some wild shots but I definitely learned some stuff. Putting I am supposed to keep my eyes directly above the ball and be sure to follow through. I still move my wrists too much and don't let my club do enough of the work but I can see the improvements already.

No comments:

Post a Comment