Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Up The Irons

Tonight me, Brüno, Dave G and Steve (the latter two I had never golfed with before) went to Pinewoods for the Bull tour. It was a very short course, but a lot of fun. It would have taken about an hour and a half to do if it wasn't for all the people. I wasn't fabulous with the driver...I need to slow down. I was tremendously better with my irons...even Brüno said so :) I had a really good day putting and not so great with the chipping. I had a par where I dinged my tee shot (off the grass) with my hybrid, put it just off the green, chipped on and dropped it in. The course was immaculately kept...it seemed longer than when me, Jane, Janet and Blaine went 2 years ago...maybe the holes have been switched. Dave has a very nice set with Taylor Made drivers and Calloway irons. He said the irons were the old rental set from Cobble Beach so he got a deal. He was really good on shots from within 100 yards. I did most of the stuff Andy mentioned at the lesson...i took lots of warmup swings...i slowed myself down...used tempo. I didn't follow through as much as I should/could have, but I learned to trust myself. I didn't lose any balls until 9 but all in all it was a good day and a good warmup for the hospital golf tournament tomorrow. My best shot of the day, I chipped one in from about 40 or 50 feet on the 8th hole...which was great because I had chipped it from 10 feet on the one side to 40 or 50 feet on the other side :) I am definitely seeing improvement.

Total Holes : 106
Total Yardage : 32533
Pars : 3
Birdies : 0

No comments:

Post a Comment