Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Two pars, one birdie and a partridge in a pear tree

Today for the Bull golf tour, me and Brüno went to Chippewa in Southampton, which I had never been to before. We were supposed to go with Chrystelle and Patricia but Chrystelle had to work late and we were supposed to meet Patricia at 10 to 4 but didn't end up getting there until 4:20 so I assume Patricia did the smart thing and left :)

It was a very nice course and although it sounds like a broken record, I had the best game of my life. It's good to see all the practice and lessons paying off. First hole I was on the green in 2 and missed a birdie putt (badly) and got a bogie. Parred the second hold on a 20 foot putt. Got a birdie (which I never thought I would do in my life) on hole #5...i hit a 6-iron off the grass...hit the green and tapped in a 15 foot putt. It was great. Then I got another par on #8 (par 5). I was off to the side on my first shot. Not a great second shot. Third shot put it over the green and into the bunker. Chipped out of the bunker 2 feet from the hole and parred it. I was okay off the drive...I hit some really good ones but i hit a few bad ones. I was pretty good with my irons...i'm figuring out the distance better. I was much better at chipping and putting than I have been the last few times out...Uncle Lorenz gave me a compliment yesterday that I hit the putts hard enough to "give it a chance to go in" as opposed to keeping it short which I used to always do. I was very happy with my round. i got a 47 on the front 9 which was +12 which doesn't sound great, but for me it was. I'm literally seeing improvement from week to week.

We did the 10th hole then which was a par 5 with the ladies tee being a par 3 on the other side of the water. The 9th hole was actually longer for the ladies (a par 4) then the men to mix it up a bit. It was a good 200 yards to the water and probably the water was 50 yards so I hit the 3 wood and didn't get it near far enough to get to the water and then hit the 5 iron good but not far enough and I landed in. All in all a good day...I got a birdie :)

I also got a buy one get one free at Chippewa so if anyone wants to golf at Chippewa let me know :)

Total Holes : 169
Total Yardage : 52790
Pars : 6
Birdies : 1!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment