Monday, August 17, 2009

i heart cobble beach



me, Chrystelle, Patricia and Bryan went to Cobble Beach this evening and ended up doing 9 holes for $50 (with gps cart) and it was unbelievable. i really felt like I was on Entourage. I will have a hard time going back to Scenic City. Everything was shiny and exquisite. We got out of the car and they took our clubs and put them in a cart and let us drive over to the club house. The GPS was wild...it told us how far we hit it, how far to go, it honked at us if we were speeding. I'm a little simple, but i thought it was great. The course was in great shape. It was challenging. On the 5th hole the marshall came up and told us to look for some turkeys on the right side. Patricia took some great pictures. I loved it and can't wait to go back. It was a deal today for $50 for 18 holes and a cart, but we only got 9 holes in and "regular price" after 4 for that is $45 so maybe I'll take Dad or Dale there next summer for 9.

When you drive in it's almost like a sales pitch because they have the beautiful houses and you drive by them all and everything's for sale. Before we started the guy warned us that the greens were fast and there were no straight greens and they all slanted towards the water. We thought he was exaggerating but he was right. I had a great time. I didn't play particularly well...my two best clubs were my driver and my pitching wedge. The last shot of the night was a 20 foot putt so it ended up good. No pars or birdies but I am getting better. I hope I get some pictures from Patricia it was spectacular.



Me and Chrystelle trying to get out of the sand trap at the same time. Check out how far it is above my head to shoot out :)




There were some really beautiful holes

Total Holes : 187
Total Yardage : 58845
Pars : 6
Birdies : 1

No comments:

Post a Comment