Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Whispering Hills and wings

So today, after missing out on at least 3 rounds because of Mother Nature, me, Brad and Chrystelle went to http://www.whisperinghillsgolfclub.com/ . We played the back 9, which was about 2500 yards and took us about 2 1/2 hours to play. I thought that the back 9 was a lot longer than the front 9 but it turns out that I was mistaken. It was fine until about the 14th hole, when the mosquitos almost ate us alive. I played...okay. I sucked at the beginning, hitting into the water off the tee twice on hole 11, but after that I was good off the tee. On hole 13, i killed it off the tee, and then you have to hit it over the water and up at least 50 feet in the air to the green. I must have put 4 balls in the water there. It was funny...it was so steep that even the birds, which left all kinds of "obstacles" on the greens, couldn't walk up the hill properly, reminding me of the Simpson's episode where Homer was trying to climb Mount Springfield and the mountain goat fell off the mountain. I was pretty good off the tee, decent on the green, 1.5/2 with the hybrid (although one of them was out of the sand trap) and crappy with short irons. I definitely need practice. Then we went for wings. It was a lot of fun for me, I was glad to get out again and I'm pretty sure that the practice is starting to pay off. It's a long drive to Hanover though for 2 1/2 hours of golf...but as Jane reminded me, she makes that drive to her work every day so I can't complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment