Wednesday, May 20, 2009

"Best beer ever"

Me and Chrystelle went and did 9 holes after work today. It was a lot of fun. We did the back 9 at Scenic City and it was a beautiful day, about 27 degrees. We were almost the only people there. I laughed, it was really hot and since the place was dead the beer cart didn't come around. On the 15th hole I hit a great tee shot, overshot the green, chipped on to within about 7 feet and got my first par of the season. We were thirsty by that part, so the beer cart came by and my old neighbour was driving it. I was joking at the clubhouse after that it was the ugliest beer girl I had ever seen, beard and all :) Once again I was fairly good off the tee, terrible with the hybrid, worse than i remembered with the irons and decent with the putter. It took a little over 2 hours so I was home by about 6:30 which will probably work out better with my wife :) I didn't want to give up on my hybrid, but I did after about 4 holes. I am quite sore after golfing today and doing the driving range yesterday. Next time I will try and use more irons if I can, I can hit it far enough with the 5 iron. I literally almost killed Chrystelle on the 18th hole. She was standing about 45 degrees to the right of me at the tee box and I hit it off the toe and missed her by less than a foot. She said we were even because she almost hit me last week, but I think my tee shot was going significantly harder than her one that dribbled by me. In any case, it was a good time. Hard to tell if I'm getting better or not...i hope i am :)

I'm going to keep a little running total for how much golf I've played and how I've done. The idea is that eventually I'll get so many pars that it won't be worth keeping track.

Total Holes : 27
Total Yardage : 8020
Pars : 1
Birdies : 0

No comments:

Post a Comment