Saturday, April 18, 2009

April 18, 2009 - Scenic City

Today, I golfed for the first time all year. I had previously been to the driving range, but this is the first time I did 9. It was kinda cold, but it felt good. I went with Keith. I was okay off the tee, nothing special. I was absolutely horrid with the hybrids, inconsistent with the irons and decent with the putter. I used my pitching wedge the most out of all my clubs which was good because i was worried that I'd be stuck using the hybrid most. Maybe I did better off the tee than I remebered :) I didn't keep score, but with the exception of the first hole I wasn't awful. I need more work with my irons and particularly my hybrid clubs. I got new clubs for Christmas (thanks honey) and Keith had almost the same set which was funny. I've got to go out on the driving range and work with the hybrid and my irons and slow down my swing. It's fine off the tee, but I've got to slow down. All in all a good day. My best shot of the day was probably on the 9th hole. I had hit it to the right off the tee with the 7 iron and it was almost behind a tree, but I hit it dead on with the pitching wedge and it went about 10 feet past the hole on the green. If I was a better putter I would've had par :) The only hazard I got into was the water on 6. It was a short par 3 and the water was well to the right, so I said to Keith "you'd really have to duff it to get in the water" and of course, the golf gods heard me and I put two into the water. Third shot was nice though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment